2021 INFINITI QX50 vs. 2021 INFINITI QX80
5 Passengers Across 2 Rows
7 Passengers Across 3 Rows
Up to 23 mpg City, 29 mpg Highway
Up to 14 mpg City, 20 mpg Highway
What’s the difference between the INFINITI QX50 and QX80? Just for starters: the QX50 is a compact crossover, while the QX80 is a full-size SUV. Still, you might wonder what this difference really means in the real world. Here’s a brief overview of what you’ll learn with our comprehensive INFINITI QX50 vs. QX80 comparison:
- Compared to the QX50, the QX80 carries a much higher price tag.
- The QX80 is much larger than the QX50, with more seating and higher storage capacities.
- The QX80 is more powerful than the QX80, and better prepared to meet your towing needs.
Pricing & Trims: QX50 vs. QX80
Every model in the QX50 lineup can be had for less than the starting price of the INFINITI QX80. This won’t be enough to sway you if you need what the QX80 is offering, but for many San Francisco and Walnut Creek drivers, it’s a point in the smaller crossover’s favor:
INFINITI QX50 Price Points
- QX50 PURE – $37,950 MSRP*, or $39,950 MSRP* with AWD
- QX50 LUXE – $41,500 MSRP*, or $43,500 MSRP* with AWD
- QX50 ESSENTIAL – $44,700 MSRP*, or $46,700* MSRP* with AWD
- QX50 SENSORY – $50,000 MSRP*, or $52,000 MSRP* with AWD
- QX50 AUTOGRAPH – $54,200 MSRP*, or $56,850 MSRP* with AWD
INFINITI QX80 Price Points
- QX80 LUXE – $69,050 MSRP*, or $72,150 MSRP* with 4WD
- QX80 PREMIUM SELECT – $73,350 MSRP*, or $76,450 MSRP* with 4WD
- QX80 SENSORY – $80,200 MSRP*, or $83,300 MSRP* with 4WD
Looking for an SUV that strikes a balance between what each of these models is offering? Check out our overview of INFINITI SUV models to learn more about the QX60.
Interior Capacities: QX50 vs. QX80
First things first: which INFINITI model has the passenger capacity that you need?
- The INFINITI QX80 always has three rows of seating, allowing a total of up to seven passengers to travel comfortably in Pleasanton or San Jose.
- The QX50, on the other hand, has two rows of seating with room for up to five.
What about cargo space?
- The QX50 offers 31.4 cubic feet with all seats upright, and as much as 65.1 cubic feet when the second row is laid flat.
- The QX80 offers 16.6 cubic feet with all three rows in their upright positions, but you can expand the cargo bay to accommodate up to 95.1 cubic feet of cargo.
Power & Performance: QX50 vs. QX80
If you’re looking for an efficient daily driver that you can use for your solo commute, don’t be surprised to learn that the QX50 is a much more economical choice:
- QX50 Fuel Economy: Up to 23 mpg city and 29 mpg highway with FWD
- QX80 Fuel Economy: Up to 14 mpg city and 20 mpg highway with RWD
Of course, if it’s power you’re after, you should know that the QX80 offers 400 hp with its standard V8. The QX50, on the other hand, puts just 268 hp at your disposal. That’s plenty of power to get the crossover up to speed, but it limits your ability to tow:
- QX50 Towing Capacity: 3,000 pounds when properly equipped
- QX80 Towing Capacity: 8.500 pounds when properly equipped
Continue Your Comparison at INFINITI of San Jose
Whether you already know which model is right for you or you’d still like to see both vehicles in person, it’s easy to take the next steps at INFINITI of San Jose. Start exploring our new vehicle specials now, and just let us know when you’re ready to take your test drive.
*Price is Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). MSRP excluding destination charge, tax, title, license and options. Dealer sets actual price.