What’s New in the 2022 INFINITI QX60?
It won’t be long until the 2022 INFINITI QX60 arrives at our dealership! When this model reaches our San Jose lot in fall of 2021, we know that drivers in the area will be lining up to take it for a test drive. We’ve already started to receive many questions about the look and feel of the latest QX60, and we couldn’t be more excited to share the 2022 INFINITI QX60 information that we know so far.
2022 INFINITI QX60 Information: Performance
So, what’s new in the 2022 INFINITI QX60? Most of what we know so far has to do with this model’s new and improved performance chops. Here’s what stands out in every review:
- The QX60 is replacing its old CVT with a new 9-speed automatic transmission. Paired with the returning standard 3.5L V6 engine, this wider gear ratio delivers an even more engaging and responsive performance.
- The 2022 QX60 will also feature a new and improved version of Intelligent All-Wheel-Drive™. Unlike other systems, which only redirect power after a loss of traction has been detected, the new system will feature predictive rear-wheel coupling.
- ProPILOT Assist® technology has been updated to improve the QX60 SUV’s lane detection and braking smoothness. It uses navigation data to improve performance at high speeds and now functions better than ever in stop-and-go traffic.
- The 2022 QX60 also benefits from a head-up display with Traffic Sign Recognition. You can even set the QX60 to respond to important information automatically.
- We also know that the 2022 QX60 will offer up to 6,000 pounds of towing capacity, an increase of 1,000 pounds over the outgoing model.
These new performance features have undergone extensive testing in some of the world’s most extreme climates, including Death Valley, CA, Moab, UT, and northern Quebec! When all is said and done, San Francisco and Walnut Creek drivers can use the INFINITI Drive Mode Selector™ to conquer just about any inhospitable terrain. You can switch between Standard, ECO, Snow, Sport, and Personal modes with a turn of the dial.
2022 INFINITI QX60 Information: More Highlights
Wondering what to expect from the cabin or the exterior design? While we only have limited information at present, we can’t wait to share what we know:
- Based on the recent redesign of the QX50, some experts are expecting an even more luxurious interior. In all likelihood, you’ll be able to opt for extended leather finishes, genuine wood trim, and features like 2nd-row captain’s chairs.
- If the new INFINITI QX60 Monograph concept is any indication, the new model should feature a wider stance, more striking exterior details, and a redesigned back end with cleaner, more subtle styling.
- We do know that the 2022 QX60 will depart from the Monograph concept in some ways. For example, the door handles–which once laid flush with the body–have been replaced by a new design.
The 2022 INFINITI QX60 Release Date is Almost Here!
Doesn’t summer seem to fly by every year? The autumn release date of the 2022 INFINITI QX60 will be here sooner than you might expect. Contact us today to ask for updates or let us know that you want to reserve a test drive! In the meantime, keep up with our blog for the latest updates and revelations, or check out the current INFINITI QX60 maintenance schedule. We can’t wait to show you how this model handles the roads of San Jose and Pleasanton.